I changed the recipe slightly and mixed fresh chopped flat leaf parsley in with the quinoa and sprinkled some spring onions over the quinoa and added cottage cheese, yum.
- A few stems of kale, leaves roughly town off the stems, mixed with sea salt and, olive oil and pepper on a baking tray, per heat oven to 175 deg
- Enough quinoa (I did just under a cup - and have leftovers for lunch), cooked to packed directions, then with finely chopped parsley mixed through it with olive oil and sea salt/pepper
- One egg per person, I filled a frying pan with a few cm of water and did a half poach, half fry egg cook.
- Half an avocado, roughly chopped
- One stem of spring onion, diced
- Couple teaspoons cottage cheese (optional)
Cook the kale for 15 mins in the oven, turning once. At the same time, cook the quinoa. While the quinoa is cooking prepare the spring onion, parsley and avocado. Heat water in frying pan and cook the egg(s). Once the quinoa has cooked stir through the chopped parsley.
Assemble on plate: kale, quinoa, spring onion then place the egg on top and cottage cheese and avo on the side. Season with salt and pepper. Delish!
Next up, fennel... (and excuse the average photography, too hungry!)